Tuesday 20 January 2015

REVIEW: All or Nothing Series by CC Gibbs

I talked very briefly about Dominic Knight in one of my Top 5 posts, and I realized I haven't posted my reviews of the series that bore Dominic...

*Note: Graphic scenes/description/language.

RATING:





VIA
Dominic Knight is a man who is always in control. A self-made billionaire by the age of twenty-three, a genius of innovation, and CEO of a global tech empire, Knight always gets what he wants. And he wants Kate Hart. . .A rising star of cyber forensics, Kate Hart is well aware of Knight's reputation as a master manipulator, uncompromising leader, and demanding lover. But she's determined to stay cool and professional-no matter how hot and bothered her new boss makes her feel.First he appears in her dreams. Then he comes to her in the night. And so begins a journey of erotic awakening and discovery as rich and powerful as Knight himself. In locales from the sultry red-light district of Amsterdam to the private sexual playgrounds of Hong Kong, Kate will shed every inhibition and surrender every part of herself-body, mind, and soul-to give her lover all he craves, all he needs, and all he demands . 
MY REVIEW

Finally, I meet Dominic and Kate! Can't help but to think of this along the lines of FSoG in terms of bajillionaire swoonalicious H. But it is a different story on its own.

Kate, for a young h, is pretty decent. She's got spunk. Unnecessary sometimes but I get it. Just when she's about to annoy me, she displays some self-awareness, which I appreciate. And Dominic definitely should belong up there in bbf list! ♥ him to pieces!

Love the witty interaction. Everything's OTT from the display of luxuries to the smexy times, but it's all good! This is one seriously hot read! *grins* 

The 3rd-person POV took a bit of getting used to, I admit, but at least it gave me the feeling of being in all the characters' heads. Some parts caught me off guard in its speed, like walking downhill on a really steep hill and you don't realize until you're almost at the bottom that you were almost speed-walking due to gravity. Does that make sense? That's just me, so pls pay no heed.

The story's obviously not finished so it leaves you with not quite a cliffie but more like "To be continued..." 

VIA
Brilliant. Wealthy. Powerful. Dominic Knight is one of the hottest tech developers in the world--and the most demanding lover Kate Hart has ever known. Whether in the boardroom or the bedroom, he is always in charge. But there is one thing he cannot control: Kate's fiery heart...

As a master in her field, talented Kate surpassed Dominic's wildest expectations. As a woman of uncommon intelligence and beauty, she unlocked something deep within him. Yet since their professional relationship--and erotically charged affair--came to an end, the fire in him has only grown stronger.

Now, the man who has everything will do whatever it takes to reclaim the woman he lost. From Boston and Paris to Singapore and San Francisco, he will lure Kate back into his elite world of privilege and passion. Together, they will test the limits of desire and the boundaries of discipline. For both, this is uncharted territory--naked, reckless, and uninhibited. But when Dominic's deadliest enemies target Kate, he must face his darkest fears...and admit to himself that she is all he needs.

MY REVIEW

This picked up shortly after where All He Wants ended. 

I seem to have less patience for Kate this time around regarding her obstinate attitude, it almost felt petulant at times, but no, I don't think she'll annoy me to the point that I won't like her. I get it. Now, Dominic! Dominic just continues to rack points in my head, swoooon!!! 

So this is mostly about them trying to carve a niche for each other given their lifestyle and history (ok, mostly Dominic's). Still loving their banter. Then you get hit with a WTF event around the last 20% along the OTT line. Btw, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop come book 3. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

This was going to be a 4-★ read at the most, but as I head towards the ending, Dominic def made up for that 0.5 ★, and even enough to bump it up. Just saying...

Cannot wait for the 3rd one!!!

VIA
Kate knows the irrestistible attraction she feels for Dominic Knight could forfeit her chance at happiness, but she's finding it impossible to stay away...

Knight Takes Queen is the final instalment in a trilogy featuring the clever and sensitive Katherine Hart and her indomitable billionaire lover, Dominic Knight.
MY REVIEW

This was a beautiful conclusion to Dominic and Katherine's story. It started right where All He Needs ends and I thought the story as a whole has no major highs or lows since the focus was mostly on them 2 dealing with their feelings... I think...

It took me a while to finish this as I was frustrated with Kate in the first 3rd of the story. I get it, her condition and all, and what she was going thru, but 
that's not the Kate I've come to appreciate, what with her annoying indecisions to boot . So bec of that, I took a hiatus from the book.

But get this, the moment I picked it up again, I realized had I read a few more pages, I would've carried on just like that. By the halfway point, I was completely sucked in. Granted it was a sad event, but CC was able to make me care again, esp for Kate. I thought the emotions were raw, sincere and real, appropriate of the situation. *sad face* And as Dominic and Kate try to recover from that situation, I wanted to see them move forward as badly as they did. Which is what consisted the rest of the story. It's domesticated without the craziness from the early part of their relationship and it's alright, it has to settle down and mature at some point, just like any normal relationship.

Throughout this, I have to point out that THE entire reason for me to read is Dominic. Oh, Dominic... le sigh... He's like the ultimate alpha H. Can't fully explain it, but he hit all the right romance buttons for me, just saying...

And I think I can finally say that I get CC's writing style. I suppose she can't fully get rid of her historical romance voice in her contemporary romance writing, but you know what, it's all good. CC, if you keep giving me H like Dominic, I'll keep reading *chuckles*  


Seriously, if you're looking a bajillionaire hero who has more money than he knows what to do with, uses his resources to make anything happen (as in anything), confident bordering on arrogant, demanding yet patient, controlling yet generous, knows how to please her heroine, only has eyes for her heroine and all else be damned, then you can definitely add Dominic to your list... just saying... teehee...

~Leftie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...