Monday 31 December 2018

TOP 5 2018 Reads

Well, well, another year bites the dust. I thought my 2017 book slump was bad. Turned out 2018 was worse. From my usual over 100 books a year, it went down to roughly half of that in 2017. And guess what, that further went down to more than half again in 2018. O well... I will find my reading groove back, I'm sure... eventually...

 Way fewer books or not, I've decided to still do my Top 5 picks, because why not!



(In chronological order)

1)  Sex, Not Love by Vi Keeland
An auto-read author, Vi knows how to do meet-cute in my mind. This one's no exception. Hunter and Nat, *insert heart eyes*!!!
(Review)

2) Look the Part by Jewel E Ann
Another auto-read author for me. My love for Jewel's words knows no bound.
(Review)

3) Marriage of Inconvenience by Penny Reid
The perfect conclusion(?) to the series. Dan's the man!!!
(Review)

4) Fake Out by Eden Finley
Haven't reviewed this here in our blog but I have on GR. A new-to-me author, don't know how I've not heard of Eden before. Eden completely sold me on the fake relationship trope.
(Review)

5) Riven by Roan Parrish
A superb rockstar romance in my mind. It has all the feels and all the heat.
(Review)


There you have it, folks! Having done this on the fly, I must say I'm so glad I did because remembering these top reads made me remember to appreciate and acknowledge not just these good reads but the good things in general. Despite the crappy things that have happened in the world this year, there were still plenty to be thankful for. And from a reader perspective alone, the words of these authors, the ability to offer reprieve and get lost in the worlds they create, that's a big thing in and of itself.

On that note, I wish you all a new prosperous year full of blessings and good reads!


(via Google images)

Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...