Monday 16 February 2015

REVIEW: Driven by Fate (Serve, Book 5) by Tessa Bailey

RATING:




*Complimentary copy received from publisher*

Note: Intended for mature readers; graphic scenes/language

VIA
Synopsis


The first rule is obey... and she already broke it.
Francesca "Frankie" De Luca always pays her debts. Even when it means stepping inside Serve, the sensuous Manhattan club that caters to particular adult desires. For Frankie, it's a taste of something she's always wanted—and never received. Until a sharply dressed Brit orders her into his room, and instructs her to undress before delivering the carnal punishment she so desperately needs...
She wasn't the woman Porter Evans was expecting. Not this wild thing with the pale, silvery eyes. And such cheek. But she violates Porter's strict rules of control. Temptation is a dangerous thing indeed. Yet everything about Frankie cries out for schooling about the tantalizing interplay of pleasure and pain. So Porter offers Frankie a deal she can't refuse—and the only thing she owes him is submission...


Review


If this is not a good reminder to pick up any of the Tessa Bailey in my to-read pile, I don’t know what is… HOLY SMOKIN’ HOTNESS!!!

For some reason, this one worked for me on so many levels.

For starter, I got Frankie, a heroine who’s funny, witty, strong, honest and feisty. Yes, she has her insecurities but it wasn’t annoying. Being raised and/or surrounded mostly by men, she’s practically a tomboy. And the more I think about it, her kind of h is one of my faves. Just because I think when one grows up that way, there’s so much testosterone around that there’s none of that girly crap that creates angst for the sake of angst. It doesn’t mean she’s not feminine but she just got the oomph that can emasculate a man easily, I’m just saying…

Then we have Porter, our Brit H, who’s alpha through and through, and he owned it. And of course with his nationality comes the dry humor. I loved his inner turmoil when it came to Frankie. I loved how much Frankie unsettled him, and that I realize now, is my most fave reaction of all, that feeling of helplessness and idiocy on the H’s part that’s brought out by the h, which I thought Tessa did well here.

Also, strangely enough, as they were both dealing with their issues in their head, about whatever it is in their respective pasts that made them irresolute, I was there with them for the ride. In another book, this would’ve been exasperating for me, but not here. I was cheering them on as they each come to their own realizations. How about that!

And now, the heat!!! *fans self* Some of the scenes are kinda’ outside my limits, but I’m telling you, put a dirty-talkin’ Brit and a woman who’s honest with her feelings and willing to trust, and what you have is just, ooof, explosive!

I did think that the ending felt a tad rushed, but then again, maybe that was just me wanting to extend the story just a tad more…


Ok, I think I’ve said enough…


~Leftie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...