Monday 9 February 2015

REVIEW: Tight by Alessandra Torre

RATING:
*Complimentary copy received from author*

Note: Graphic scenes/language, for mature readers


BUY HERE:
Amazon || Nook || Kobo || iTunes 




Blurb

I was happy in my small town. In my life as a single, thirty-two year old woman. I had a good job, wonderful friends, my independence.
I also hadn't got laid in three years. Hadn't been on a date in two. Had stopped counting calories and wearing makeup... a while ago.
Then Brett Jacobs waltzed in. Caressed my thigh, dug rough fingers into my hair, lowered his soft mouth to my skin, took sexual control of my mind and stirred it all around with what he packed in his pants. He flipped my quiet life upside down and crawled into a place in my heart I thought was dead.
The issues?His secret.Her.The fact that I don't even know she exists, and he thinks she's dead.
Everything is about to hit the fan and I can't hold on to him tight enough.


Review


Brett and Riley's story originated from Still, as part of the Bend anthology (a 5-star read btw). Having read that, short story that it was, I knew there was more there than meets the eye. Because if their story is anything like what I have to come to expect of Alessandra, it's that there's bound to be a twist there somewhere. And true enough, I got it here in Tight.

So Riley met Brett while she was on an island trip for a bachelorette party. There was an immediate attraction so things happened during that trip, obviously. But as they returned to their separate lives, Riley doubted that anything else will come out of that short dalliance, but she was wrong, because as much as she didn't want to believe it, Brett continued to be around, starting with a text which moved pretty quickly to weekend trips seeing they don't live in the same state. Time moves on and whether Riley fully believes in whatever it is they have, it continues. Part of that is due to her own insecurities brought on by Brett being closed off with parts of his life, despite Brett not really giving her a reason for doubts. Go figure! But such is a woman's mind, I get it.

This is mostly Riley's POV with a sprinkling of Brett's every now and then, and something else. I may not have gotten Brett's intensity at such an early stage but I realized it's just who he is. And that intensity is reflected thru the heat between those 2, yowza! Riley was made more interesting a character with her inner thoughts, the people who surround her and the place where she comes from. The humor in her thoughts almost felt out of place but I understood its purpose, or at least I think I did. All these contrasts, hmmm...

Regardless, here comes the beauty of it all. As they were wading their way thru their relationship, another story is emerging and running alongside theirs. And I will leave it at that.

Because Alessandra has thrown me for a loop in her other books, I just knew that whether I was right or not in my hunches, she will surprise me enough that in the end, all I could think of is "Huh!" The degree of "Huh!" may vary with every story but I find it's always there. And that's what makes me read her books! Oh, and the heat of course *grins*

Whatever it is you read from her, just go in blind. I find that's always the best way.


~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...