Friday 19 June 2015

REVIEW: Innocent Ride (The Hellions Ride, Book 4) by Chelsea Camaron


Opposites attract, or so the saying goes. When two people from different worlds come together by a chance meeting twisted with an element of danger, can their attraction remain innocent? 
She's a corporate accountant. Her life is full of structure, routine, and organization. Settled, comfortable, and content, Caroline Milton, loves knowing what to expect every minute of every day. 
He's the Catawba Hellions VP and a wild one, refusing to be tamed. His motto, 'hit it, get it, and go; no repeats' where women are concerned, guarantees a new woman in his bed nightly. His life suddenly tilted on its axis, when his wild days come barreling back with a major responsibility. Drexel 'Rex' Crews finds he has a real reason to settle down his wild ways. 
When a situation quickly spins out of control at work for Caroline, she reaches out to the one place she least expected to find herself dependent upon. The Hellions Motorcycle Club.

His cousin's ol' lady, Doll, comes to him with a personal favor, protect her best friend. He can't refuse. Protecting Caroline was supposed to be an innocent task. 
The attraction from their first meeting is still a fire burning strong inside of them both. Neither can deny the pull. They come from different worlds. 
Can Rex show Caroline the safety and security of the MC? Can Caroline tame the wild beast inside of Rex? Can their innocent ride become a journey to long lasting love?

REVIEW

RATING:




*Complimentary ARC received from author*

This is a first Chelsea read for me and as much as it has all the elements that usually appeal to me, it’s quite unfortunate that this didn’t quite work for me.

Alpha H, check. Strong h albeit wishy-washy at times, check. Suspense, check. Other scary biker dudes in the club, check. Heat, most definitely check.

Yet, I felt detached. I think it was the execution. It kinda’ started rough for me because something felt off with the pace, but it did get a tad better eventually. At one point I did wonder if Caroline was just making a mountain of a molehill. Either that or she’s TSTL. As the story progressed, I understood the concerns but I think Caroline's reaction certainly didn’t help. It felt like she was over trivializing the whole thing which made me care less. Then it just kinda snowballed for me from that point on. I couldn’t match the pacing of the story. I stopped buying the connection. The mystery/suspense around Lux’ past held my interest only marginally in the end.

Real shame…Oh but you know who saved this for me? Rex!:D


Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...