Tuesday 7 July 2015

RELEASE DAY BLITZ: Unblocked- Episode 4 by Marni Mann


BUY HERE:





BLURB

Derek Block is ready to fight.
Frankie Jordan must make a decision.
Their pasts are demanding attention.
Confessing the truth may not be enough.
But can their intense passion sustain them?
This is Episode Four of the five-episode Timber Towers novella series.




REVIEW

RATING:




*ARC received from author*

This episode picks up where Episode 3 ended. It’s another really quick read. Can’t help it really, as I’m just dying to know how things go.

Drew continues to let Frankie in deeper into his life, his thoughts, his heart. I love how he’s just opened up a bit more to her, acknowledging what’s happening between them and realizing his feelings. Frankie continues to show confidence, not just with her work, but about her feelings for Derek as well. Well, except maybe the last part, but I don’t blame her! I get it. The issues outside their relationship continue to be at play, and I can't wait to find out to finally get the answers and find resolution in the next and final installment.

I think things have finally fallen into place in my head in this episode. The heat between these 2 continues to smolder and has gotten even hotter, I thought. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like Marni cranked up the dial a notch or 2 on these 2’s heat-o-meter, dang! And Derek just keeps winning me over. He just knows how to take charge of Frankie without being overly domineering, swoon! And I'm seriously reconsidering my feelings about flannel now! *g*

(While I had no real concerns about the previous covers because the story has me so engaged, I admit that when Marni changed the cover, I realized the previous cover didn't really float my boat and now, I'm glad she changed it, so thank you!)

 
EXCERPT
“Tonight is about us, no one else, and that’s the way I want it to stay. No more interruptions,” Derek said.

I took a deep breath and reached for my wine. I wasn’t going to let my brain jump to conclusions. This weekend was about us. Not Taylor. Not Reed. “I agree.”

He leaned into the table, his hand moving higher up my leg. “Kiss me.”

We weren’t in a back booth, and this restaurant wasn’t nearly as private as The Hole. There were more servers, a more open floor plan, many other tables close by. What he was asking for was much more than the peck I had given him before I’d gone to the bathroom. “Those fingers,” I said, placing my hand on top of them, “aren’t planning on going any higher, are they?”

He licked his bottom lip, teasing me with just the swipe of his tongue and the whiskers that surrounded it. “They weren’t, no. But now that I know it’s on your mind, I’m not sure I’ll be able to stop them.”


Unblocked, Episode One Buy Links: 

Amazon || B&N || iTunes 


Unblocked, Episode Two Buy Links: 

Amazon || B&N || iTunes 


Unblocked, Episode Three Buy Links: 

Amazon || B&N || iTunes  


GIVEAWAY


STALK MARNI HERE:



Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...