Saturday 19 September 2015

REVIEW: Sexy by JA Huss

RATING:






Amazon || Kobo || B&N || iBooks


Blurb

Imagine the man of your dreams.
The blue eyes. The unruly blonde hair. The perfect abs. How strong his muscular thighs feel as you dig your fingernails into the denim of his jeans.
Now imagine looking up to meet his gaze as he guides you towards his belt. Offers you a new life, a new destiny, a whole new world as he teaches you how to make him moan. Coaches you in the art of being sexy.
Would you say no? Could you say no?
Fletcher Novak is that perfect man and he just made Tiffy Preston the offer of a lifetime. And all she has to do is... everything he tells her.
Watch the Trailer:
(Warning: NSFW)


Review

I suppose I will be starting this by kinda’ talking about the end, JA’s EOBS (End of Book Sh!t) that is. For JA fans like myself, her EOBS, her version of acknowledgment at the end, gets just as much fanfare. In her EOBS here, she did indicate that she intended this to be a fun book and not like her usual stories.

And I guess that’s what I got here. A lighter read with heat (oh yaah! teehee). There were no surprising turns a la Huss. No out-there characters, just 2 "regular" folks who somehow were attracted to each other albeit begrudgingly at first. Tiffy is the boss who’s trying to decide how to deal with Fletcher, one of the employees. Fletcher is one of the stripper dancers, but that’s just for starter, and that’s all Tiffy knows about him initially until she was told more.

I actually quite appreciated the story and I was ok with the flow of it. Once I got going, I actually couldn’t put it down; I just had to finish it. This is JA writing after all. The tricky part, for me, was the characters. I bought every ounce of Fletcher’s sexiness and hotness factor, for sure. But him being closed-off at times, I felt like that prevented me from completely falling for him until the very end. Tiffy is a heroine that I neither like nor dislike. She just was. I was ambivalent to her struggles. I didn’t really buy into any of her qualities. It felt like I was told more than shown how she is. Unfortunately, I couldn’t even see this “funny, intriguing and smart woman” that Fletcher saw. I was actually more vested in Claudio, Tiffy’s BFF.

In the end, I was a tad underwhelmed and while this will not be a favorite, a JA fan remains here.

Find JA Huss here:



Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...