Tuesday 10 March 2015

RELEASE DAY BLITZ: Unblocked- Episode 1 by Marni Mann

Hi there!

Glad to be participating in this one. As I think I've found another author whose work I'm gonna enjoy...

RATING:




*Complimentary copy provided by author*

Note: For mature audience; graphic scenes/language.


Purchase Link



Blurb

Derek Block seeks revenge. Frankie Jordan seeks professional dominance. He wants her, she wants him. Lines that can’t cross begin to blur. Things start heating up as real estate gets real… This is episode one of the five-episode novella series Timber Towers.


Excerpt
“Why don’t you come in?”

I was startled again by the sound of him, of his deep, alluring tone. I didn’t realize I was still hovering in the doorway. Closing most of the gap between us, I moved to one of the chairs.

I hooked my bag onto the back of it, his fingers slicing through the air as they reached for mine.

“Call me Derek.” He enclosed my hand with a pressing strength that I assumed was lightened for my benefit.

Though his stare remained on my face, I wasn’t able to keep mine on his. I needed a break, a second to get myself under control.

Control…

I had obviously lost that, though I didn’t understand why. Polished men were all I knew, all I had ever been attracted to: groomed and well-dressed, pretty and sharp, even cocky and somewhat selfish. They were certainly never burly or animalistic like Derek. So why was he having this kind of physical effect on me?


Review

So, what do we have here? It’s the introduction to the story of Frankie, a topnotch real estate agent, and Derek, a noted real estate developer. You see how they met, under what circumstance and certain tone. You get a glimpse of what makes Frankie ticks and what motivates Derek… Just a glimpse for now, seeing that this is just the "first episode", as stated in the blurb. So really, this is all about setting the stage for what's to come. Yes, do keep that in mind, especially as you get to the ending. Other characters are also introduced to start spicing things up.

The first few statements do not pull any punches and drop you off smack dab in the middle of something-something. Way to catch someone’s attention! Well, it caught mine for sure*g* And when I found out what it was, I admit I was a little confused but I just rolled with it.

In the short number of pages, I like what I’ve seen of Frankie. I totally dig Derek’s intensity. I’m curious to find out more about Frankie’s past relationship and her interactions with the people around her. I’m intrigued as to what’s behind that intensity from Derek and what happened in the past for him to come across as hard and ruthless. I don’t know where the story is gonna go at this point, but with how it’s laid out, I’m hooked.

I wish I was given more as to what’s causing Frankie’s dreams. However, ambivalent feelings aside, those dreams are scorching hot. I can just imagine how much more searing it will be when they’re no longer dreams. *giggles*... 

Marni Mann is a new-to-me author and I have to thank a Goodreads friend for putting her in my radar J

Now, to patiently wait for Episode 2…


*Unblocked, Episode Two, releasing April 7th, is now available on pre-order: HERE

Giveaway

To CONTACT Marni:
Facebook || Twitter || Instagram


Please enjoy! And good luck with the giveaway!


~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...