Saturday 28 March 2015

REVIEW: Need by K.I. Lynn and N. Isabelle Blanco

RATING: ---

*Complimentary ARC received from author*

Please NOTE: For mature audience; graphic language/scenes





Synopsis

Sometimes love happens at first sight, even when you’re at an age where you can’t comprehend what it means. 
It was just a crush. They were only kids, after all. But what happens when that feeling never goes away?
Brayden and Kira have been neighbors for years, and best friends since they met. They have a connection that is evident to many, and it’s haunted them their whole lives.
Teenage hormones rage, turning their friendship into something neither can handle. The attraction is carnal, all-consuming, and it seems like it’s only a matter of time before Brayden loses control. 
Everything slams to a halt when their single parents decide to get remarried . . . to each other. Bad decisions and broken friendships make living across the hall from the one person you want above all difficult. Luckily for Brayden, it’s only for a few months before he’s off to college in another state, leaving Kira to face high school alone.

Brayden tries to stay away, to forget her, but it’s an impossible task he fails at time and time again. Kira is morphing from a sexy teenager to an irresistible woman, one that knows what she wants and seems hell-bent on getting it. 
As Kira’s eighteenth birthday approaches, Brayden has a decision to make. Does he keep running away from the thing he wants the most or does he run toward it?

Is it possible to ever be happy without the one person you need?

------------------------------------

"I'm Brayden, baby. The man you've been dreaming about your whole life. And I'm about to f*cking show you why."

Part 1 of a 2 part series.

Review

K. I. Lynn has been on my radar for a while now thanks to her Breach series. N. Isabelle Blanco is a new-to-me author…

Off the top of my head, I wanted to say I didn’t like this at all. BUT as I let my thoughts about this book swirl around in my head, I know I can’t really say that. It’s probably more apt to say that I want to dislike this book but I know that won’t be entirely true.

Courtesy of a Goodreads friend’s review, I learned that the blurb pretty much tells you the whole story. Was that good or bad? For me, it was, as it helped me frame my mind as I start reading this. At least I knew what I was in for.

Now, on to my feelings about everything else about this book…

The whole book is angst-filled from start to finish. Was that good or bad? Good, because it took me on an emotional ride. Bad, because, at some point, how much is too much?

Brayden, I loved to hate him, and hated that I love him. Wow, did I just sound like Kira there? He’s a d0üche, really. For all that feelings he had for Kira, he just couldn’t seem to keep it in his pants. I had to go to that part of my brain that concedes to the fact that he’s a raging hormonal teenager/young man. Nevertheless, does that really excuse it? Don’t think so. Yet, I felt for the kid to have such a visceral reaction to Kira at that young an age. And when I get to that place, I bought every word that came out of that kid’s mouth >.< Oh and is it ever the dirty mouth! He can give any full-grown alpha h a run for their money!

Kira, I like her, I really do. I felt every ounce of her insecurity and giddiness and pain and anger and angst. That’s how it is when you’re in love at that age!

Then there’s this pull between them. Did I really buy it? Yes and no. I’m enamored with the idea of something so magnetic between them that just tether them to each other. But when put in purely physical form, that’s just lust, isn’t it? Then what? Did I really see what binds them to each other beyond their physical reactions? I dunno.... Regardless, I’ll be the first to say that the heat b/w these 2 is thru the roof! I know, so right, yet so wrong, yet so right…

And then, there’s Ryan, Kira’s brother, the only one with sense, I like him.

Which now leads me to the ending… Seriously?!?!!? First, I didn’t realize this is book 1 of 2, which made me think that it’s a complete story. Second, after having all read that angst, I’m not sure how much of it I can take when it continues. Third, and consequently, the way it ended, if I didn’t get a sneak peek of book 2, I would’ve been gravely pissed, yes!

Oh, but here’s the real kicker, the way the sneak peek ended, how can I not wanna know what happens to these kids?!!?!? GAH!!!

And there you have it, folks! Clearly, this is not about the writing but more about what I felt while reading it… I’m not rating it this at this point, because it’s seriously a 5-napkin read one moment, and 1-napkin read the next. I may end making up my mind down the road, but not today. O.o


~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...