Monday 23 March 2015

REVIEW: Coda (Songs of Submission, Book 9) by CD Reiss

RATING:




Please NOTE: Mature readers only; graphic scenes/language


Did you want a pat little ending about Jonathan and I riding off into the sunset? Did you want flowers and stars? Man, I wish it was all soft filters and violins. I wish we could fight about who cleaned the bathroom or who was cooking dinner. But I knew I was never destined for simple contentment.
I almost committed murder for him. I almost tore us apart to save him. How do you get back on the horse after that? Because, I promise you, nothing is the same. Nothing.
I’ve earned our happily ever after. Now I have to survive it.


REVIEW

BRILLIANT!!!


What a beautiful poignant read!

I swear, CD never fails to leave me speechless after reading her books, and even more so with this one. I’ve been vested in Jonathan and Monica for a while now and to get this truly fitting perfect ending to their beautiful story was a real gift.

I swear, every time I try to write a review for one of CD’s books, I’m at a loss for words, and even more so with this one. I feel like I won’t do it enough justice to really describe the beauty of this book.

I’m gushing, aren’t I? I’m sorry, I just can’t help it.


I’m glad I got the chance one more time to see how Jonathan and Monica fared after whatever scares they went through. It almost felt humbling, to see them trying to get back to “normal” and along the way, face new challenges and deal with their own internal struggles. Understandably, they’re both dealing with uncertainties as they move forward, the what-ifs and the why-nots, while trying to stay in the present and not allowing one another to worry. Just like how a couple in love and devoted to each other should be. 


Monica and Jonathan each have their own fears, and they really did their best to deal with it, not just on their own, but also by being open with each other, and in turn, gave each other strength.

I love how what they feel for each other motivated them in the same direction. I love how Monica is without guile about her emotions. I love how Jonathan managed to stay as dominant as he is despite his inner turmoil. I love his doubts, I love his cockiness, I love his feelings and thoughts on Monica. I love how they truly understood each other to give what each other needed.


In short, I really love the voices that CD gave to these 2. I love how nothing felt manufactured, from their thoughts to their interactions. The unexpected humor in their conversation is so smartly done. The heavy emotions truly felt sincere despite its weight.

VIA

I almost want to say it’s a shame that this being erotica may prevent some readers out there in reaching out for CD’s books as really, I think this goes beyond erotica. Her background in screenwriting, I think, really allows her reader to imagine whatever world she wants to put you in. The emotions her words can evoke out of you have no bounds. The poetry in her words conjures all kinds of images that transport you to a whole different place.

I’m gushing again, aren’t I? I’m sorry, I really can’t help it.

Well done, Christine, well done!!! And thank you for your gift of words.




~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...