Monday 6 April 2015

REVIEW: Stygian by Nashoda Rose

RATING:
*Complimentary ARC received from author*

Please NOTE: For mature readers; graphic language/scenes.






Danni: Mortal

I remember nothing of my abduction two years ago. Sounds and scents trigger horrific flashes, but it’s all a blur except for one man with brilliant green eyes. When the tatted six foot two Adonis shows up at my door, my knowledge of the world is shattered. Bound to the immortal Scar by an ancient spell, we are on the run. Because Balen is the hunted.
 
And if he dies, so do I.

Balen: Scar Tracker My code of honor was respected without question … until I consumed the blood of a vampire in exchange for a mortal woman’s freedom. The Scars want me imprisoned. The Wraiths want me dead. But the woman I can’t forget needs me. And I’ll risk everything to protect her. Even if it means killing her.
 
Because in order for her to live—first she must die.
 Full-length novel. Come meet the Scars.
Scars: Immortal warriors with capabilities derived from the senses: Trackers, Sounders, Healers, Tasters, Visionaries, and the rare Reflectors. They each have what is known as an Ink, a tattoo that can be called to life.
There are three full-length prequels to TAKE (scars of the wraiths). This is book One. All three prequels were previously published and have been re-written entirely and are now in multiple first person POVs.

*Stygian was originally entitled JUMP.


REVIEW


Danni and Balen's story started from a very bad place that came with a lot of sacrifice and from this sacrifice, a connection was born. Not as natural as it turns out but no less real regardless.

I love Danni's journey from her horrific experience to being who she became. Her pain and her strength, felt genuine. And as she became this "new person" and having to deal with the new world she finds herself in, I was feeling everything she's feeling, the confusion and all. I love her caustic humor and her feisty spirit throughout the story.

Balen, now if you're enamored with Nashoda's H's as much as I am, then I think you won't be disappointed with Balen, not at all. Sigh... 

I love the connection b/w Danni and Balen. Heart this couple, for sure!

Seeing that this is a prequel, I felt it was a good introduction to this new world that Nashoda built, or at least I took this to be a better one than how it was with Take. There were multiple POVs so you just don't get Danni's and Balen's POV. I didn't understand why at first, then I got it, this is a prequel after all. And these POVs definitely sucked me in some more to their world but it did take away a bit of time from Danni and Balen's story, just sayin...

Lastly, if my first Nashoda read reminded me of KA with a Nicholas Spark feel to it, now with her PNR world, I'm getting a Nalini Singh feel as well. And I'm definitely ok with that.

Who's next Nashoda? Kilter? Yay! Then Waleron? Yay! Then go back to Keir and Anstice? Jedrik? Ryker? Hack? I can keep going, you know... Pretty please with icing on top:)


Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...