Tuesday 17 November 2015

REVIEW: If You Dare (Deanna Madden, Book 3) by Alessandra Torre

RATING:







Purchase link:


Blurb
Equal parts Dexter and 50 Shades, this is the eagerly awaited new novel from A. R. Torre, author of the award winning erotic thriller, The Girl in 6E. 
The rules are the same. I can't open the door. I can't leave. I can't kill anyone. 
The only difference is, I don't set the rules anymore. Guards in grey uniforms do. It is everything I never wanted and everything I always deserved. I write to you now, from a prison cell. My home for the next twenty to thirty years. 
That's the going term for murder.

Review

Thought I'd share with you my Goodreads reading update when I was reading this:

Reading Progress



11/12marked as:currently-reading
11/14
22.0%"Wut?!??!! Nah, can't be!!!! Can it???? Wut??!!??"
11/14
28.0%"He really can't be... Is he really??? No!!!!" 
11/14
31.0%"I'm sorry but my brain is just refusing to acknowledge what it's reading:'( AT, what are you doing to me???" 
11/15
47.0%"Can I say "whew" now? Or not?... Start of Part 2, getting more nervous..."
11/15
79.0%"Omg, omg, omg, can Mike really do it??? *gleeful smirk*"
11/15
84.0%"HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
11/15
100.0%"Well, I'll be... Alessandra, you sly, sly woman you!"


Yup, that's the kind of ride Alessandra took me on with this third installment of this series!

Interestingly enough, I guess this is really like a standalone within the series just because of the focus on this book and the way the events were laid out, almost like an episode within a series, but please do NOT, do NOT, just read this. Yes, you have to read the series to get the full experience that is Deanna Madden.

To put into the context of the series, we now see Deanna after all the things she's done in the first 2 books. Her relationship with Jeremy is at the forefront now, with Deanna needing to take actions to move the relationship forward. But something happened. 

Then the question became, did she or did she not???

Along the way, we got more glimpses of another friend who's been there for her since pretty much the start, and boy, did he deliver! Then we get more of the doctor. Did he really help at the end of it all? Not sure, but with the change in their interaction in this book, it definitely added another layer to their dynamics. Then there is of course Jeremy, the boyfriend...

Deanna and Jeremy were rarely together here and you'll know why. The story is laid out in interlocking past and present. It moves in such a fast pace that you'd think you'd get whiplashed but everything makes sense. Personally, I can't wait for the story to move according to the pace of my brain that it almost felt like I was reading in slow-mo. That's just crazy me.

And of course, the highlight of this all, Deanna Madden. She's kooky, she's funny, she's demented, she's neurotic, she's a good friend, she cares, she takes charge. Oh Deanna, Deanna...

Yes, there were some smokin' scenes, but really, this is more about the plot for me. Is this erotic romance enough? I guess, but like I said, to me, this has more of a suspense thriller feel. Even the ending didn't follow the traditional romance ending, so that alone should tell you something.

Luckily, I read somewhere that Alessandra will consider writing more about Deanna if the demand is there. So I say, demand, demand, demand... *grins* You keep taking me on Deanna's journey, Alessandra, I will be there. *insert maniacal laugh*


Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...