Sunday 24 April 2016

REVIEW: Dirty (Dive Bar, Book 1) by Kylie Scott

RATING:





Amazon || Kobo || B&N 


Blurb

The last thing Vaughan Hewson expects to find when he returns to his childhood home is a broken hearted bride in his shower, let alone the drama and chaos that comes with her.

Lydia Green doesn't know whether to burn down the church or sit and cry in a corner. Discovering the love of your life is having an affair on your wedding day is bad enough. Finding out it's with his best man is another thing all together. She narrowly escapes tying the knot and meets Vaughan only hours later.

Vaughan is the exact opposite of the picture perfect, respected businessman she thought she'd marry. This former musician-turned-bartender is rough around the edges and unsettled. But she already tried Mr. Right and discovered he's all wrong-maybe it's time to give Mr. Right Now a chance.

After all, what's wrong with getting dirty?

Review

My, oh, my, what a delightful read!

This book gave me the giggles for all the right reasons, I’m telling ya! Whether this book hit me at the right moment would’ve been irrelevant, I think.

Vaughn and Lydia are such a cute pair, and such a right match. Their first meeting was interesting enough as it is, and as the story progressed, it felt like eating a good quality semi-dark spicy chocolate bar, yup!:D

They’re each funny in their own rights. They have their own baggage to deal with, but everything just felt right! From their unusual first meeting to how they start opening up to each other, to the smoking attraction between them, to the people that surround them, to their personal challenges, to finding their HEA… Gah!

Lydia is such an adorable h with her funny thoughts, quirky analogies, sweet honest actions, and her witty responses. Vaughn is my kind of H, what with the tats, the right amount of gruff, the boyish charm and a wicked sense of humor. They had me chuckling quite often, while swooning to boot, and I love how everything just flowed so naturally between them. I admit I didn’t fully get the correlation between the title and the story. It’s either my threshold is skewed or I’m completely clueless. But did it matter? Um, again, irrelevant, I say…

Seeing this is a first Kylie read for me, I’m kicking myself for not picking up her other books, especially if all her other books are like this. I think I’ve found another fave author. And interestingly enough, Kylie is now the 2nd author that I can think of whose stories are set in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho (the other author being also a huge fave) I’m seriously thinking this is now a city worth visiting... teehee… with hubby, I mean… because it does sound and look like a beautiful city… Got nothing to do with all these CDA H’s, not at all…


Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...