Friday 29 April 2016

REVIEW: The Little Book Of Skin Care by Charlotte Cho

RATING:


Amazon || Kobo || B&N || iBook 

SYNOPSIS

The secrets behind the world's most beautiful skin!

In Korea, healthy, glowing skin is the ideal form of beauty. It's considered achievable by all, men and women, young and old—and it begins with adopting a skin-first mentality. Now, this Korean beauty philosophy has taken the world by storm!

As the founder of Soko Glam, a leading Korean beauty and lifestyle website, esthetician and beauty expert Charlotte Cho guides you through the world-renowned Korean ten-step skin-care routine—and far beyond—to help you achieve the clearest and most radiant skin of your life With Charlotte's step-by-step tutorials, skin-care tips, and advice on what to look for in products at all price levels, you'll learn how to pamper and care for your skin at home with Korean-approved techniques and pull off the "no makeup" makeup look we've seen and admired on women in the streets of Seoul. And you'll get access to beauty secrets from Charlotte's favorite beauty gurus from around the world, including supermodels, YouTube sensations, top makeup artists, magazine editors, actresses, and leading Korean skincare researchers.

With the knowledge of an expert and voice of a trusted friend, Charlotte's personal tour through Korean beauty culture will help you find joy in the everyday beauty routines that will transform your skin.

REVIEW

It's funny how one thing can lead to another. Take my new obsession over skin care. It was only recently that I discovered the Korean drama Descendants of the Sun. After falling in love with the main characters, I started to notice that all of the actors and actresses on that show have flawless skin. I mean...FLAWLESS! No sign of pimples, and pores that are non-existent! As someone who has suffered from breakouts my whole life, I've always been enamoured (and yes...jealous) of those who have such smooth skin.

So, what's a girl to do? Look into what these people do in terms of their skin care, and boy, did I fall down hard into the rabbit hole. 

It's while doing my research of Korean products that I discovered the site SokoGlam, which not only sells skin care products from Korea, but also has a great blog called The Klog that has reviews.

When I found out that the site owner Charlotte Cho has a book out, I had to check it out. After reading the sample, I knew I had to get this book right away.


For those not familiar with the Korean skin care routine, it involves the famous "10 steps", beginning from the double-cleansing step to the application of sunscreen. I know, I know....it seems like a lot to do, and for a lazy person like me, hearing about the 10 steps for the first time made me think, "Are you cray cray!?!?".

The wonderful thing about this book is that it demystifies the whole thing. Charlotte Cho does a great job of explaining the differences with each products (ie. serums vs essences), and the importance of each step. She also explains that the whole thing doesn't really make time (and it doesn't!) and that you obviously don't do the 10 steps everyday. (For example, you can do the sheet masks about twice a week.) I also like her product recommendations for each step, which has now been my go-to guide when I go shopping in the Asian mall close by. (If anyone can tell me where I can get Son&Park here in Canada, please let me know:))

Another thing I love about this book is that the author also talks about her time spent in South Korea after having lived her whole life in California. It was really interesting to find out more about the cosmopolitan life in Seoul, which has now made me want to go there!

I highly recommend this book, and give it 5 napkins:)


~Rightie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...