Thursday 7 April 2016

REVIEW: This Is War, Baby (War & Peace, Book 1) by K Webster

RATING:







Blurb

My life had a plan. Until he invaded it and stole it all away. My captor took me and I became a pawn.

His strategy changed and he sent me away to WAR, because money is everything in this world.

In my WAR, though, I found peace.

I couldn’t help but find love where I least expected it, with a man who lived a battle every day of his life
…all inside his head.

But then my captor came back for me.
Yet, this time, battle lines had been drawn and I was protected.

So we thought.
Even though my WAR was raging,
my captor would fight to the death.

The good guys always win, right?
Not always.

All’s fair in love and WAR, right?
Not this time.

***WARNING***
This is War, Baby is a dark romance. A really dark one. So dark you’re going to wish you had a flashlight to see yourself to the end and someone to hold your hand. Human trafficking, dubious consent, and strong sexual themes that could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. This story is NOT for everyone.


Review

Whoah! I haven't been caught off guard like this in a long while! 


This is a first K Webster read for me and can I just say I'm beyond pleased!

I read the 2 books in this duet back to back so I'm having a bit of difficulty separating my reviews for each book but imma' try...

In the start of my read, I actually thought I'll be reading another dark erotica with kidnapping theme, kinda' like Captive in the Dark but boy, was I wrong! 

Just when I thought it was heading in one direction ready to spew invectives at the bad dude, as creepily fascinating he was, it turned into a direction I did not expect at all. Instead, I got a H who has demons that I don't come across often, big demons that forced him to be the way he is. It was compelling to read. He was compelling! He was a H in his own rights who love the only way he knows how and that is more than ok.

Baylee, the h, went thru what no teenager should go through. It's hard to comprehend how these things could happen to her when she was seemingly living such a normal teenage life. But it did. To see her just trying to survive her nightmare, then to somehow finding love in the least expected way, I want her to get her happy ending. But alas, this is only the 1st book. 

And along the way, more questions pop up as to what really led to all the events that happened in Baylee's life...

I'm just really glad I read this at the time I read it. Because otherwise, the way it ended...


So yah, you got it, I could not tap the screen on my tablet fast enough to get to the second book, This Is Love, Baby.



Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...