Thursday 7 April 2016

REVIEW: Red (Black, Book 2) by TL Smith

RATING:






✦ AmazonAppleKobo





Blurb



A wound to the heart, a hole so deep.
Can it be fixed?
Or simply replaced?
People lie. Those closest to me, tell the most lies.
Do they not know who I am? What I’m capable of?
Sometimes I wonder if they do. Because when I unravel their lies, they will be delivered to the hell I once visited. And it won’t be pleasant.



Review



This book started by showing us what happened to Liam/Black that led to the cliffie ending from the first book. That was quite a cliffie, so it was nice to find out more what’s happened to him. After all, 5 years is a long time. During that time, Black inadvertently returned to the old life that he knew. But eventually, he found his way back to Rose/Red. And what happens after is them dealing with that. Black trying to grapple with the new things he’s learned and how he can move forward while keeping Rose in his life, and Rose trying to cope with the new Black and what that means for her and her family.

Again, just like the first book, I really wanted to rate this much higher in my head. It would have rated higher definitely had it been a little longer to allow for more natural progression for some scenes. As it is, my personal feelings only, some revelations felt it came out of the left field, and some scenes felt less emotional when knowing myself, it could have been so much more. As such, it felt a tad jumpy. Nonetheless, at the end of day, as much as I may have some concerns about the execution of the story, I like it enough and I’m glad I got to have read the continuation to their story. After all, it’s got all the elements I look for in my romance reads. It had darkness, it had heat, and it had a story arc. Yes, there was violence too that was hard to stomach at times. I got an antihero that I was definitely rooting for. And I got a h with gumption.

And by how this ended, I was left curious enough to find out more about Black's friend.






Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...