Thursday 19 May 2016

REVIEW: Jaq with a Q by Jettie Woodruff

RATING:
--




Blurb

Subject - Jaq with a Q
* Wrong Number
* Looking for hit-man
* Want's to die
* Lost
* No desire to be found
* Paranoid
* Anxiety
* Released from mental hospital
* Panic attacks
* Nobody would miss her
* In the eye of the beholder

Review

Well, well… where to start with this one…

Hmm… how about this is probably one of those books where I will have no rating because in all honesty, I don’t know how to… even after I’ve given it some more thoughts…

With what I’ve read of Jettie’s works, I know that I will get something I don’t expect. That, at least, is a given here. If I see it from that perspective, I suppose I could give it 5-stars. But the thing is, the whole time I was reading it, I seriously don’t know what to expect at every page turn and right to the end, and that is where my confusion starts.

Jaq and Oliver are 2 very fascinating characters, especially Jaq. She has so many issues; she’s hardly functioning, if that. Oliver has his own issues but it’s almost nothing compared to Jaq’s. Their paths crossed by accident and somehow Oliver felt a pull to her. And so he did everything within his power to be part of her world and find her healing.

With everything they have to deal with, it feels like there’s a lot happening and yet not. On the one hand, if there were more layers added to the story, I felt like it might have been too overpowering. On the other, I felt like I was overwhelmingly underwhelmed by the end... hmmm… I dunno… I really don’t know how I feel about this one…

So I guess I will just leave it at this – Jettie certainly knows how to play with your mind. Trust that she will give you something unexpected and completely left field of where you think you’re going. She doesn’t do boring. She doesn’t do conventional. You will be constantly asking questions. Whether you get the answers or not, whether it will leave you satisfied or not, whether things will make sense or not, that, that’ll entirely depend on you. Now whether I make sense here or not, I’m certain I don’t. O well…


Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...