Friday 30 December 2016

Top 5 2016 Reads

According to Goodreads, I've read 115 books in 2016. Not bad, eh? Also, according to Goodreads, my average rating for the year was 4.4 out of 5 stars. Pretty good year, eh? So to narrow down my top read to just 5, well, hard, right? So...

In no particular order, here they are. These are the books that just wowed me and made me feel. And some of them even gave me a book hangover...


1) The Bellator Saga (Books 1-5) by Cecilia London

Jack and Caroline have earned their top spots in my most fave H&h shelf. This is one read that packs a punch, and I don't mean that lightly. Given the current American political landscape, what's meant to be dystopian meta-fiction read scarily feels contemporary now. This is a saga, alright, not a series, a saga. The way this books gripped me, I'm at a loss for words sometimes. The emotions this books wrung out of me, I can't fully describe it. And it's not even finished yet!!! The last installment is coming out in 2017 and I'm already nervous, eek! (Reviews: 1-3, 4, 5)

2) Retrieval Duet by Aly Martinez

Aly Martinez writes it and I read it, as simple as that. This duet is all about suspense, love, heat, and all kinds of emotion. If you're an Aly fan like me, you won't be disappointed. If Aly is not on your radar, what are you waiting for? (Reviews: 1, 2)

3) This Isn't Over, Baby by K Webster

This is the 3rd book in the War & Peace series and not a standalone. This is one dark series, and I'd say this is the darkest and twisted of all, so far. The first 2 books are both 5-star reads as well, but this one, this one pushed all kinds of buttons but I gobbled it all up. As wrong as this may sound, this is all kinds of delicious in all its darkness. That's KA for you! (Review)

4) Scarlet Stone by Jewel E Ann

The latest release by Jewel. This story just moved me. One of the strongest h's I've read of late. I'll always be grateful that I came across Jewel's work because to date, I have not been disappointed. I know I don't need to read her blurbs to get me interested in her books but I do because I love how she hooks me in. I keep saying this, Jewel should be on people's radar some more! (Review)

5) Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part 1 by TM Frazier

TM is not called the #evilginger for nothing. This is the most recent book in the series that I would say pretty much all the fans of the series have been anticipating. You can't read this without reading the first 4. Yes, you have to meet King and Bear, and now of course, Preppy. These fellas and their lives are just so crazy and you'll love them and it for that. (Review)



Guess, that's it... I'll say it again, 115 books with an average of 4.4/5 and to narrow it down to 5 (well, sorta, considering I lumped series... and... you'll see😛), well, that was hard!

On to another year!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...