Wednesday 17 August 2016

REVIEW: Destroy by Nikki Sloane


Blurb

My entire life fell apart once. It took everything I had to pull it back together, and drag the Jessica Carnes name out of the gutter.

And now he threatens to destroy all I’ve worked for—my sculpture, my rebuilt reputation, and my life. All I have is my art, and I’ll do anything to save it from his predatory hands.

Even if it means offering myself instead.

PURCHASE HERE: Amazon


Review

RATING:




This is the challenge, for me at least, when reading a short story. That it feels like I’m walking into the middle of the story…

See, the thing is, I know what led Jessica to where she’s at now. This is the Jessica that I’ve come to dislike because of what she was and because of what she’s done to much beloved characters in that Drazen world that C.D. Reiss has created. So I was really curious what Nikki was gonna do with her.

I didn’t see much that would redeem Jessica in my eyes here. However, it’s important to acknowledge that this is a short story after all. I guess there wasn’t that much room for such things. And Alec, interestingly enough, I’m intrigued about him.

Let’s just say that if Nikki decides to turn this to a full story, I think I’ll be curious enough to read it. Because as much as there wasn't time for character development, I did feel the heat b/w these 2. I’d want to see how she can flesh out Jessica and find her redemption, see how that complex dynamics between her and Alec actually develops and turn out to whatever it should be, which in turn would allow me to see Alec as well in all of his dominant artist glory. Just sayin, Nikki…


Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...