Monday 8 August 2016

REVIEW: Dirty Angel by Barbara Elsborg


Amazon || B&N || ARe


Blurb

Dying Sucks

Particularly when you discover there really is a hell. Aden thinks there’s no way he can avoid going down, but when an angel and demon can’t agree over his fate, Aden is given one more month to gain redemption. He doubts he can find a way to become a better man in so short a time. But it’s worth a try, right?

Living sucks

Particularly when you can’t shake free of an obsessive ex. Brody might be managing to hold down his job as a vet, but his personal life is a mess. If he doesn’t pull himself together soon, he’s going to be sliding downhill too fast to stop.

One wet night, on a dark country lane, two worlds collide and destinies change forever.


Review

RATING:




I couldn’t be happier to have won an ARC of this book thru the Shh... Summer Buzz Book Event on Goodreads.


For a first Barbara read, it was definitely a winnerJ

Aden has been handed a unique opportunity to redeem himself. When his fate couldn’t be decided after his death, he was sent down again to the world of the living to prove (or disprove) things to the people who will decide his ultimate destination. For someone who felt like there’s nothing redeemable about him, turns out there may be some hope, thanks to meeting Brody.

Brody has been trying to move forward and make something of his life after someone messed up his mind. For someone who’s floundering, turns out there may be a shot to a better future, thanks to “running into” Aden.

I love the self-deprecating and dry humor that both Aden and Brody possess. It definitely added levity but it also made things more heartrending in my head. There are a lot of potential triggers in this book, so be warned. The things they went thru, they were vile and despicable. My heart broke for these 2. Curiously enough, as dark as their pasts were, it felt more sad than gloomy. Even more curious is the hopefulness despite the darkness. I think that’s Barbara ability to convey the strength of the MCs even when the MCs themselves don’t acknowledge it. Isn’t that what inner strength is all about? And I think Barbara’s words were chosen carefully enough that what could have easily led to cheese-dom just felt real and sincere.

Their union is smokin’ hot, but even hotter, I thought, were their kisses. There is so much emotion expressed in such a tiny act… le sigh...

I guess there’s a reason why I’ve been keeping an eye for a while now on Barbara’s books. Well, I mean, I guess I see now why a lot of friends on Goodreads are fans of her work. I think I am now tooJ


Thanks for dropping by!

~Leftie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...